Monday, February 24, 2014

Thank you Craigslist



As many of you know, I have been on the lookout for an antique typewriter.  I didn't care if it worked, I just wanted it for decorative purposes. I checked Craigslist Sunday and found someone offering a vintage Underwood typewriter.  I called to make arrangements to purchase it, but the owner said her granddaughter had just asked for it and it was no longer available.  She quickly said, "I have another old typewriter that I will sell cheap.  It is a Blickensdefer."  I asked her to email me a pic, which she quickly did.  In the meantime, I started researching this model.  I nearly had a stroke!  It was made in the mid 1800s and sells on eBay for $400-900.  Mine has the wooden case, which makes it more valuable.  Thanks Craigslist!  Did I mention I paid $30.00?



No comments:

Post a Comment