Tuesday, April 8, 2014

How to print from computer directly on fabric.

Steps to print directly onto fabric:

First, find your image. I got my image from www.thegraphicsfairy.com.  She has tons of free graphics and awesome DIY tutorials.  I used a glue stick to adhere the fabric to a piece of card stock. Readjust as necessary to remove wrinkles from fabric.



 I then trimmed the fabric edges so it was exactly the same size as the card stock. The final step is to load the fabric into an ink jet printer.  I have to load mine fabric side down on the tray. ( I always do a test image on paper) .  


Here is my image after it has printed on the fabric.

The pink is the card stock.  I wait just a few seconds and then separate the fabric from the card stock..if you wait too long, the paper will stick to the fabric.
This is the pillow that I made with the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment